Launched in 2012, the annual ‘Insight Report’ provides the clearest, most concise snapshot of window, door and conservatory companies in the UK.
Rather than taking a small sample of window companies and scaling this up to get an approximate figure, the Insight Report uses a wealth of data collected during 20,000 monthly phone calls throughout 2014, as well as interviews with key business decision makers at 15,000 companies on the Fenestration and Glazing Database.
The 13-page report contains key information about manufacturing trends and volumes, company growth and regionality, new and popular products, and industry disruptors. Gain an overview of the industry as a whole, or drill down to find out specific stats about market sectors.
To help give a quick and colourful view of the glazing industry, we’ve put together an infographic with the most important facts and stats for 2014.
- The number of window, door and conservatory companies in the UK
- The total number of fabricators and installers
- Fabricators per region and material
- PVC-U manufacturing by volume (frames per week)
- Trends in the conservatory and refurb market
- Growth of the composite door market
- Increase in installers of vertical sliders
- The rise of the double glazing showroom