Please note this article only applies if you are subscribed to Salestracker’s CRM functionality, as the process described in this article cannot be followed if you are subscribed to the data-only version of Salestracker.
There are two types of tasks:
- Record tasks – these tasks are tied directly to records in Salestracker and can feature information from that record.
- Generic tasks – these tasks are not associated with any Salestracker records and are “standalone”.
You can read about both below.
Creating Record Tasks
Tasks can be tied to records. First, find a record where you want to create a new task and bring it up on screen.
Once you have the record in front of you, create a task by clicking the “Create new task” button. This button can be found in two places on the record:
- On the “Business” tab, somewhere in the middle.
- On the “Tasks” tab, in the top left.
Clicking this button will bring up a pop-up window:
What follows in an explanation of each part:
- Description – some brief details pertaining to the task to be undertaken.
- Assign to – who the task is for. It might be another user on your subscription, yourself, or all users on your subscription.
- Date/Time – what the target date/time this task is due by (the deadline).
- Send assignee email notification of task – ticking this box will automatically send the user the task is assigned to an email informing them some details of the task you have created.
- Send assignee date/time email reminder – ticking this box will prompt Salestracker to send an email to the user the task is assigned to shortly before its deadline.
- Email me when task is 24 hours overdue – ticking this box will prompt Salestracker to email you when/if the task becomes 24 hours overdue past its deadline.
- Email me when task is completed – ticking this box will prompt Salestracker to email you if/when the task is completed OR deleted.
You can set which of the tickboxes are ticked by default under preferences – find out how in this article.
In the right-hand side of the Create a New Task window are the contacts on the record. Ticking a box next to any of the contacts will include that contact’s details within the email reminders that get sent out.
Once you are happy with the task, click “Create” to save the task.
Most of the email reminders will contain links to the record the task is assigned to. Presuming the user is already signed into Salestracker, these links will allow the user to jump straight to the record the task is assigned to.
Once created, the task will appear in the Task Manager as well as on the record itself.
Creating Generic Tasks
You can create “general” tasks that are not associated with any particular record on the system. Go to “Tasks” on the main navigation.
In the top right, under the “Reset” and “Filter” buttons is a button labeled “Create new task“.
Clicking this will bring up a pop-up menu where you can create your new task. Please refer to “Creating Record Tasks” above for further details as the process is identical, albeit with no options to include contacts.